Saturday, December 1, 2018

Impossible Throws? - [42x] or [41]

 When I first saw this throw I thought this is unlikely for me if not impossible. I mean what type of outrageous hand movements would be required to throw a 4 and a 1 at the very same moment? When I tried quickly it also didn't make any sense.

 Then later in the night I had it, that ah haa moment. I was quite dense to not realize it earlier but of course you are just throwing a [43] but claw snatching the 3 before it has a chance to become really airborne thereby quickly turning it into a 1. That was a great revelation to me  (simple things please sometimes). Yea well Jugglelab doesn't teach you that bit!
 Now I discovered it's a great throw with lots of potential. One of the good symmetrical patterns so far with 4 balls is this (6,[42x])(4x,2x)(2,4x)*.
02/12/18
An interesting idea is to put a normal box throw straight after the [42x]
One way to manage this is instead of throwing the 6 with the [42x] I make it a high tennis like crossing throw so a 6x. The same ball will be the 6x as you juggle the pattern with all the throws  going on underneath. It's (6x,[42x])(4,2x)(2,4x)*
Today I found out this throw is called a 'Slice multiplex' so this pattern is like 'Slice tennis Box' somehow in that order.
03/12/18
Otherwise for a box type thing you could throw a 6 with the slice then a (6,2x) to get a good fast pattern with no crossing throws except the 2x so more really 'boxlike'.
Also the best more simple warm up patterns to get going are these. 
3 balls (4x,2)(0,[42x])(4,2x)*
4 balls (4,[42x])(2,4x)*
Box like thing with 6's - (6,[42x])(6,2x)(2,2)* or 26[41]61 but think I'm trying the sync version.



Great thing to get solid smooth. Now I binge learn a lot of classic things a bit then choice the best ones to nail properly. This is one of them.
But how to do 5 balls with slices?

                                  
04/12/18
So if you add a [42x] on each side of a 'Burst box' what do you get? You collect the 2 for the multiplex throw while doing the under wrist throw in a type of 'Bursting Slice Box' ?
I like it.

5 balls
Easiest I can think of to try it out is 52[44][41] which is explosive and good but one sided. Feels like I might be doing it in more of a sync mode anyway so trying to do everything at the same time as ([44],[42x])(4x,2)
 I'm not very natural at sync juggling but with this throw it has strangely just happened like that. 

Now to get it going on the other side then gatecrash a superb symmetrical version!

Shower Type of....
Meanwhile even though I'm not that keen on training one sided patterns (left hand is bad enough without reinforcing it) I had to make an exception for this one also as it's a slice multiplex on EVERY throw.
(6x,[42x])(2,2)











No comments:

Post a Comment